Virtually everything has changed in 2020. That even includes the way people are visiting the doctor. For many people, the terms “telehealth” and “telemedicine” are new and unfamiliar. But not anymore! This trend, that was growing before COVID-19 shut everything down, is now a common way to make a visit to the doctor. But if you are still new to the concept, this blog post will introduce and walk you through the process of virtual care. But first, we’ll go over some of the reasons why you should consider our telemedicine visits.
Benefits Of Telemedicine Visits
There are several ways that doing a virtual visit through telemedicine can be beneficial. There are benefits for you as a patient. And benefits for the community as a whole. Here are some of the benefits we can see from using telemedicine visits.
- Cost and convenience — Getting help through a virtual visit can save you time and money. There’s no travel required. That means no extra time or gas money. You won’t have to choose between bringing other children along with you or hiring a babysitter while you are gone. It reduces the chance that parents have to take time off of work to make an in-office visit. Plus, these visits are currently covered by most insurance plans.
- Preventative care — There are some situations where your child may benefit from preventative care visits. Whether the issue is weight and nutrition, development and behavioral, or something else — a virtual visit can be much more convenient.
- No spreading of infection — When you have a telemedicine visit with your doctor, you don’t have to worry about spreading illness to anyone outside of your home. Plus, when you don’t physically visit the doctor’s office, you don’t risk getting any illness from another patient.
- Patient satisfaction — When you’re a parent, you are ALWAYS busy right? Eliminating the time it takes to travel to the office for an in-person visit and sitting in the waiting room can help give you peace of mind during a stressful time. We’ve had a lot of satisfied patients use our virtual visit platform from the comfort of their home.
- Prescriptions — Connect to a pediatric provider who can diagnose, treat, and if needed, send your prescription to a local pharmacy.
- Just 4 Kids — All our providers are specialized in pediatrics because we believe that little patients are a BIG deal. Our pediatricians provide expert medical care for children of all ages up to age 26.
- Available every day — We’re open every day of the year from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
What Equipment You’ll Need
A virtual visit with Just 4 Kids Urgent Care won’t require you to go out and purchase special equipment. Access to our virtual waiting room is easily done on a laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone. This system works best with the Google Chrome web browser or through the Anytime Pediatrics App.
How It Works
Just 4 Kids Urgent Care works through a Telemedicine platform called Anytime Pediatrics. This makes connecting to pediatric care more convenient than ever. Follow this step-by-step guide to set up your virtual visit with Just 4 Kids Urgent Care.
- Visit https://www.just4kidsurgentcare.com/ or download the Anytime Pediatrics App.
- Select “Start Video Chat” to meet with our pediatric providers via a secure video conference.
- Then hit the Get Started button.
- If it is your first time, you will need to register.
- Do this by agreeing to the terms and setting up your username and password.
- Fill in your contact information.
- Use practice code 1500 and choose your Just 4 Kids Urgent Care clinician.
- Enter your applicable insurance information.
- Add the information about your child.
- Now you’ll need to enable your camera and your microphone.
- Once you give consent to treat, you can input your child’s chief complaint and health information.
- Submit your payment information and someone will be with you shortly!
This depends on your insurance. But in most cases the answer is yes. About half of the states in the country even have laws that require them to pay for virtual visits.
Yes. Your telemedicine visit is secure. All information is protected in accordance with HIPAA compliance standards. If appropriate, follow-up information is sent securely to your regular pediatrician.
Using the camera on your smartphone, tablet or computer, our technology works a lot like FaceTime and Skype. You will see your pediatrician. And he/she will see you and your child — clearly and easily from anywhere. By being able to see your child, rather than just talking on the phone, your doctor can better diagnose, treat and/or advise you on how to care for your child. If needed, your doctor can also prescribe medications and provide a note for school.
Telemedicine is considered to be a safe and cost-effective way to receive necessary healthcare service. Research shows that the quality of these services can be just as high as an in-person visit.
Here’s a list of the issues that we can cover with a virtual telemedicine visit.
- Allergy conditions
- Cold symptoms
- Cuts and abrasions
- Flu symptoms
- Insect bites
- Pink eye
- Some breathing issues
- Skin rashes
- And much more
Our telemedicine service should be used for non-emergency needs. This includes the common cold, skin irritations, cuts, allergies, fever and pink eye. If you have an emergency need, please call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency room.
Just 4 Kids Urgent Care
We hope this will help you understand the telemedicine option we offer. We realize it’s a scary time right now. For you and your kids. The good news is, we’ve been seeing patients via virtual visits for over a year now. We have received tremendously positive responses from the patients who have used this platform for their children. Especially from parents with more than one child who don’t want to bring the whole family into the office with them. We’ve even heard that the kids enjoy the telemedicine experience too. Check it out or give us a call for more information! Download the Anytime Pediatrics app to connect with us today!